News & Calendar
Side event - Social Protection: A universal rights-based development goal
This event will launch the Global Coalition for Social Protection Floors, and initiate a wide debate among governments, civil society and social partners on the objective and content of the proposal.
The Global Coalition for Social Protection Floors is a coalition of more than 70 civil society and trade union organizations from all parts of the world. The Coalition has developed a proposal for a universal rights-based development goal on social protection for the Post-2015 Development Agenda based on the two-dimensional strategy of the ILO Recommendation N°. 202 (concerning national floors of Social Protection), 2012, to first extend basic social security guarantees to all and then improve the quality of protection as soon as possible.
Introductory remarks and presentation of the Global Coalition
- Cäcilie Schildberg, FES Berlin
The Coalition Proposal for a social protection development goal
- Michael Cichon, President ICSW
- The Government of Argentina, Government or UN Mission Argentine
- The Government of Zambia Trevor Kaunda, Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Labour and Social Security, Zambia
- The Government of Germany Janina Hasse Moshin, German Foreign Ministry and Member of the UN Mission at CSocD
- The International Labour Office Vinicius Pinheiro, ILO New York
- NN, ILO