Training on Maternity Protection and the Gender Dimension of Social Security (13 - 17 July 2015) - Training of trainers workshop (Phase 2)
Training on Maternity Protection and the Gender Dimension of Social Security was organised for trainers from Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan.
(1) The overall objective of the workshop was to build participants capacity to disseminate the ILO approach to maternity protection and reconciliation of work-family responsibilities through social security provisions.More specifically, the workshop aimed to enable participants to deliver training and awareness-raising session using the ILO Maternity Protection Resource Package.
(2) During the workshop participants:-Reviewed the resources (information and tools) provided by the ILO Maternity Protection Resource Package, and assessed possible ways in which they can be used to deliver training on maternity protection;
- Defined the scope of maternity protection at work and reviewed the key elements of maternity protection at work;
- Piloted new modules on Health Protection at work, Breastfeeding arrangements at work and Beyond maternity: Coping with childcare;
- Analysed selected technical aspects of maternity protection at work, with particular emphasis on Cash and Medical Benefits and Employment protection and Non-Discrimination;
- Made practical use of tools for assessing national law and practice on maternity protection and reconciliation of work-family responsibilities.
(3) Interactive presentations by lead experts combined by group work allowed participants to relate the contents presented to their own country and professional context. In order to enhance training and facilitation skills, participants were required to participate in training simulation sessions on priority topic.