A new or revised policy or strategy to extend coverage, enhance comprehensiveness and/or increase adequacy of benefits has been adopted (Step 1)
Number of countries that have adopted new or revised policies and strategies to extend coverage, enhance comprehensiveness and/or increase adequacy of benefits (Step 1)
31.10.2020 IDN103 Public 2020-21 | 8.3.1
- RAS/21/01/JPN - Promoting and building social protection in Asia (4th phase)
- RAS/16/03/JPN - Promoting and building social protection in Asia (3rd phase): Extending social security coverage in ASEAN
- IDN/19/02/FRU - Unemployment Protection in Indonesia - Quality Assistance for Workers Affected by Labour Adjustments
- GLO/20/20/MUL - Protecting garment sector workers: occupational safety and health and income support in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- RAS/19/50/JPN - Development of a Social Protection Outlook for Asia and the Pacific
Outcome summaryThe Government adopted the Law on job creation which includes provisions on an (un)employment insurance
Outcome achievedIn October 2020, the Government of Indonesia (GoI) adopted Law No.11 of 2020 on Job Creation. Social partners were involved in discussions on law reform. Policy on easing investment, business climate and national competitiveness incorporating all regulatory substances were launched under the Omnibus Law on Job Creation. It included the adoption of (un)Employment Insurance(Jaminan Kehilangan Pekerjaan -JKP) based on principles of social insurance. It is designed to provide unemployed with partial and temporary income replacement and give access to skills training and job placement services.
ILO's contribution to the outcomeThe ILO has provided support to the GoI since 2018 in the framework of a project funded by the Government of Japan(GoJ). Various consultations were held with the social partners on employment injury policies, preliminary studies were carried out and presented to the national tripartite committee and the project with Fast Retailing was developed. With the support from the Fast Retailing Co, Ltd. Project, since March 2020, ILO also carried-out several studies to provide recommendations to the GoI on (un)Employment Insurance (JKP) and has conducted national dialogues. ILO contributed inputs to the development of the (un)Employment Insurance (JKP), the Law on Job Creation as well as the Government Regulations in 2020 and 2021.
- End poverty in all its forms everywhere
- 1.3 Implement nationally appropriate social protection systems and measures for all, including floors, and by 2030 achieve substantial coverage of the poor and the vulnerable
Number of persons entitled to social protection by law
Total: 10 983 610
There are 10,983,610 active members as of 31 December 2021