Costing workshop in Indonesia
Training Course on "Social Protection: Costing Exercise and Advocacy"
Jakarta, 20-22 November 2012
The ILO, in collaboration with Paramadina University conducted a two-day workshop on costing of social protection provisions with the Rapid Assessment Protocol (RAP) tool and communication & advocacy strategy. The workshop was conducted at Paramadina University, Jakarta, on 20-21 November 2012.
The objectives of the training include:
- Introducing the theories, principles and instruments of costing for social protection provisions.
- Providing general understanding of the cost elements of social protection provisions and technical knowledge through hands-on exercise with the Rapid Assessment Protocol (RAP) tool.
- Introducing communication and advocacy strategy on the subject of social protection.
Module I - Social Protection Standards and the Social Protection Floor Assessment
- Introduction to social protection: terminologies and definitions, ILO’s standards, social security strategy, SPF, Valerie Schmitt, ILO
- Teori Risk Assessment dan Asuransi, Kasir Iskandar [Bahasa Indonesia]
- Proses Assessment Based National Dialogue (ABND) di Indonesia, Hariadi Sabar [Bahasa Indonesia]
- Group exercise: Assessment matrix and translating recommendation into scenarios
- Assessment Matrix:Menyusun informasi mengenai situasi perlindungan sosial dengan terstruktur, Sinta Satriana [Bahasa Indonesia]
Module II - Costing
- RAP tool and costing methodology, Sinta Satriana [Bahasa Indonesia]
- Group Activity: Costing exercise on RAP with data on Indonesi
- Affordability dan Fiscal Impact, Ronald Pasaribu [Bahasa Indonesia]; Excel files: Health Premium schenarios, MoF; Beban Fiskal, MoF
Module III - Advicacy and Communication Strategy
- Tehnik advokasi dan komunikasi politik, Abdul Malik Gismar