The fourth annual meeting of the Global Business Network for Social Protection Floors took place at ILO Headquarters in Geneva on the 23rd of October 2018. Over three dozen participants from multinational enterprises, employers' organisations' and social protection institutions came together to share ideas and provide valuable inputs on how business can contribute to the 2030 Agenda on social protection through their human resources and corporate social responsibility policies.
Leading multinational companies gathered at the ILO headquarters in Geneva on October 24th 2017 to discuss trends in employee compensation and corporate commitments to achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG). The firms made it clear that adequate investment in countries’ social protection systems and floors are critical for promoting consumption and sparking growth in emerging markets.
The second meeting of the Global Network for Social Protection Floors was held on Tuesday, 25 Oct. 2016 at ILO headquarters in Geneva. The meeting was an opportunity to share progress accomplished by the Global Business Network during its first year of existence and to identify possible activities for the coming year.
The Employers’ Federation of Pakistan in collaboration with Business Organizations and Associations has decided to form Pakistan Business Network for Social Protection Floors. This national networks aims to support the Global Knowledge Campaign on Social Protection Floors and to mobilize the private sector in Pakistan in supporting the formation, implementation and improvement of social protection systems and programs in line with the Global Business Network (GBN) guidelines, so as to make social protection a reality for all.
- Mr Guy Ryder, Director-General, ILO
- Mr Jean-Paul Agon, Chairman and CEO, L’Oréal - Video
- Mrs Kromjong Linda, Secretary-General, IOE - Video
- ILO's communication campaign on SPFs by Mrs Victoria Giroud-Castiella
- Thailand: Why is Social Protection important to me? - video
- Introduction to SPFs and the ILO's Global Programme by Mrs Valérie Schmitt, Chief Social Policy, ILO.
- Tracking the expansion of social protection and measuring its impacts by Thibault van Langenhove, ILO.
- The absence of public social protection systems and the risk for multinational enterprises, Swiss Life.