Maternity protection and the Gender Dimensions of Social Security training, Dushanbe, Tajikistan, 10-11 December, 2015,
ILO organized a national training on Maternity Protection issues. Held in Dushanbe, Tajikistan from 10th December to 11th December 2015, the event aimed at fostering knowledge among government, employers and trade unions representatives and providing participants with information and about Maternity protection and the Gender Dimensions of Social Security.
The workshops gave the participants the chance to familiarise with main principles and rights related to maternity protection at work. Workshops included sessions on:
- How to assess national law and practice;
- Standards and coverage from C103 to C183;
- Cash and medical benefits related to maternity;
- Role of stakeholders;
- Employment protection and non-discrimination;
- Health protection at workplace;
- Breastfeeding arrangements at the workplace;
- Beyond maternity and back to work.
The workshops welcomed over 20 participants from Ministry of Health and Social Development, Ministry of Labour and Migration and Youth, Employers organizations and Trade Unions, as well as non-governmental organizations. Additional information: (1) Training Package; (2) Maternity Protection Resource Package and Modules (Russian version also available); (3) One-page brief on Maternity Protection in Tajikistan.