A social protection scheme to extend coverage, enhance comprehensiveness and/or increase adequacy of benefits has been adopted or reformed (Step 2)
Number of countries that have adopted or reformed social protection schemes to extend coverage, enhance comprehensiveness and/or increase adequacy of benefits (Step 2)
28.02.2021 IDN103 Public 2020-21 | 8.3.1
- RAS/21/01/JPN - Promoting and building social protection in Asia (4th phase)
- RAS/16/03/JPN - Promoting and building social protection in Asia (3rd phase): Extending social security coverage in ASEAN
- IDN/19/02/FRU - Unemployment Protection in Indonesia - Quality Assistance for Workers Affected by Labour Adjustments
- GLO/20/20/MUL - Protecting garment sector workers: occupational safety and health and income support in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- RAS/19/50/JPN - Development of a Social Protection Outlook for Asia and the Pacific
Outcome summaryThe Government issued a regulation on the Implementation of (un)Employment Insurance
Furthermore, in February 2021, giving effect to the Omnibus Law provision, the GoI issued Government Regulation No.37/2021 on Implementation of (un)Employment Insurance(UI) scheme. It was consulted with the social partners. UI scheme will provide income replacement and measures to facilitate return to employment, reflecting C168 principles. Additionally the Minister of Manpower Regulation No.7 of 2021, enacted on 1 April 2021, concerns procedures for participant registration and implementation of the employment benefit programme.
ILO's contribution to the outcome
The ILO has provided support to the GoI since 2018 in the framework of a project funded by the Government of Japan(GoJ). Various consultations were held with the social partners on employment injury policies, preliminary studies were carried out and presented to the national tripartite committee and the project with Fast Retailing was developed. With the support from the Fast Retailing Co, Ltd. Project, since March 2020, ILO also carried-out several studies to provide recommendations to the GoI on (un)Employment Insurance (JKP) and has conducted national dialogues. ILO contributed inputs to the development of the (un)Employment Insurance (JKP), the Law on Job Creation as well as the Government Regulations in 2020 and 2021.
- End poverty in all its forms everywhere
- 1.3 Implement nationally appropriate social protection systems and measures for all, including floors, and by 2030 achieve substantial coverage of the poor and the vulnerable