Data on social Protection
To present and discuss the strategic framework, process and tools for social protection data management in the ILO.
Moderator: Shahra Razavi
1. Introduction by the moderator (3’ – Shahra Razavi)
2. Strategic framework for social protection data management in SOCPRO (5’ - Fabio Durán-Valverde)
3. The World Social Protection Database (WSPDB) and Dashboards (15’ - Zhiming Yu)
- What is the ILO WSPDB?
- How the data is organized? Type and data groups.
- How the data is processed? The SSI online tool.
- Roles and responsibilities HQ/field, and ongoing collection. How to contribute?
- Where to find the data? The ILO World Social Protection Data Dashboards (WSPDD).
- What data means? Examples of indicators (SDG and non-SDG).
- SDG Reporting, WSPR and other reports, daily rapid analysis using the WSPDB/WSPDD
4. Recent developments and challenges in the field
- The experience of Mozambique developing national capacities on statistics on social protection. Recent developments (3’ – Rubén Vicente)
- Overcoming gaps and challenges in social protection data collection in South Asia, including the cases of large countries (3’ – Mariko Ouchi)
- Overcoming gaps in social protection data collection in Africa, including on gender (3’ - Andrew Allieu)
- Recent developments producing social health protection data (3’ – Marielle Phe Goursat)
Questions & answers (28’ – moderator).